State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Sr Social Worker, Addiction Psychiatry Service (Part Time w/Benefits!)
Req ID: 38663BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the social, work manager/ department manager of a designated clinical area, the senior social worker practices clinical social work at an advanced level independent of regular clinical supervision. Responsible for psychosocial screening, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families in assigned care area. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, other community agencies and providers, and other health care professionals to implement patient care across the continuum.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides indicated services including crisis intervention, short term counseling, psychotherapy and group services. Assists with discharge planning and/or outpatient continuity of care.
- Provides consultation to the team around patient management, risk management and ethical issues.. Documents assessments and care plans in medical record. Meets productivity standards and expectations as set by the leadership in Social Work and the assigned clinical area.
- Demonstrates advanced organizational and systems thinking. This includes but is not limited to: Identification of practice and systems issues, development of new modes of approaching systems and/or clinical problems. May initiate or participate in research.
- Demonstrates leadership within one's social work group, service area and in the Medical Center. This includes regularly leading segments of the team's work. Initiates and/or acts as a leader for small projects or work groups. Voices ideas and constructively participates in Departmental and interdisciplinary CQI activities.
- Demonstrates an adult learning style by seeking opportunities for continued growth and setting goals for own professional development. Assumes some regular responsibility for conducting seminars, primary supervision of social work staff and/or students; formal and informal interdisciplinary teaching and consultation.
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Current MA license or license from a state with reciprocity. If licensed in another state, expected to obtain MA license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply