State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Sr. Research Administrator
Req ID: 36070BR
Job Summary: The Senior Research Administrator is responsible for the daily administrative operations of defined research areas including grant and contract proposal preparation and approval, establishment of account infrastructure, management of financial transactions, preparation of regular reporting on status of funding and approval of research expenditures. This person collaborates with Chiefs and Principal Investigators (PIs) and Research Administrative Director (RAD) to ensure compliance and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Works with information from internal systems, grant management software, PeopleSoft, and other systems to monitor purchases, actual, and encumbered expenses as well as salary distributions. Must have a strong working knowledge of sponsored research including budget management for federal and non federal awards, contracts and subcontracts. Must demonstrate a strong aptitude for numbers.
- Works with Financial Analysts and others as necessary to reconcile information/reports and provides investigators with regular financial status reports in user friendly-formats. Expected to have regular meetings with investigators where projections are provided and reviewed to avoid deficit spending. As necessary, work with investigators and RAD to manager deficits.
- Responsible for managing all time and effort reporting for defined areas of responsibility. Works with PIs to regularly monitor information, make changes as appropriate. Report any unusual or non-compliant information to PI and RAD.
- Authorizes all expense items such as making deposits, transferring funds, assigning expenses within areas of responsibility. Works with ancillary areas such as A/P, HR, and purchasing to ensure receipt of materials and prompt payment or resolution of any issues.
- Coordinates and supports overall grant proposal submission process including budget development for new and non-competing submissions. Advises investigators of grant policies, due dates for progress reports, and compliance requirements. Reviews proposal in final stage prior to Research Administrative Director signature and submission to sponsor.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Grants management, budget preparation and financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
- Previously demonstrated understanding of policy and practice governing research compliance within a large institution.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply