Sr. Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0015142
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps lead the implementation of DEI strategy and tactics to support framework aligned to our core values, business goals, and desired outcomes.
- Partners across the enterprise with HR Business Partners, Learning and Development, Talent Acquisition, Marketing, and Communications to achieve desired DEI outcomes.
- Monitors and analyzes HR data, understands trends, and reports progress to help drive DEI action plans to internal stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains a network of external experts and peers in other organizations to stay informed on DEI trends and best practices.
- Creates and supports DEI Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including meeting facilitation, council goals, training and deliverables.
- Identifies and manages partnerships with DEI conferences, professional organizations, and external vendors that engage diverse talent.
- Engages with community groups and external organizations that align to ChenMed’s mission, business goals, and interests, especially as it relates to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Manages ChenMed’s external survey process to increase DEI brand as well as benchmark against other best-in-class companies.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continuous improvement (Best Practices) of diversity processes.
- Supports effective communication efforts across the organization as it relates to DEI.
- Partners with key stakeholders on projects and programs impacting diversity representation and inclusion culture.
- Partners with managers and Employee Relations to resolve employee conflicts involving microaggressions and bias.
- Creates a safe space for team members from underrepresented and historically marginalized backgrounds through 1:1 conversations and employee resource groups.
- Supports change management for processes (e.g. Talent Planning), systems (e.g. Performance Management) and cultural norms (e.g. communication) to make ChenMed a more inclusive and equitable workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Agility to help others develop a clear understanding and application of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion philosophy
- High EQ, strong self-awareness, integrity, professional ethic and ability to safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- Curious and open minded; continuous learner
- Strong self-starter who enjoys both autonomy and collaborating, requiring minimal direction
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Approachable relationship builder and trusted advisor who enjoys partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly results driven who can seamlessly translate data into useful insights for decision making and measuring impact
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain positivity, professionalism and poise in challenging situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Empathetic listener to concerns raised within communities; ability to protect safe spaces and provide key insights to the business
- Knowledge of federal and state EEO/AAP laws and compliance preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and database
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
- Minimum of six (6) years of directly relevant experience as a DEI practitioner developing DEI programs
- Track record of successfully building a variety of DEI programs relevant to the population and needs of the organization, successfully assessing gaps, and measuring progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long lasting change
- Experience executing creative programs throughout the employee lifecycle to ensure a diverse workforce and equitable internal practices
- Experience working in the healthcare sector on DEI initiatives preferred
The Senior Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) will champion diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness across ChenMed. This role will be responsible for providing recommendations on company-wide DEI strategy and driving its implementation. The incumbent will design, develop and implement DEI programs and initiatives across ChenMed.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)