Sr. Manager, Contracting
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0018430
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Payer contracting lead in executing end to end payer contracting process.
- Works closely with regional leaders to drive local market JOCs.
- Develops payer contracting policies and procedures and ensures relevant stakeholders comply.
- Participates in Joint Operating Committee (JOC) meeting organization and management for all payers, coordinating and aligning with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to drive performance improvement opportunities related to (a) growth, (b) financial outcomes, and (c) operational outcomes.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to align and integrate expected outcomes into business plans across the organization.
- Leads assigned payer negotiations and manage ongoing relationships.
- Assists in the development of PADU (Preferred, Acceptable, Discouraged, Unacceptable) and ensure it is being followed.
- Works with the data teams to conduct ongoing analysis of current and future payer contract terms and financial performance with the goal of identifying opportunities to improve financial performance via contractual improvements, negotiating new contracts, benefit design improvement, and/or other margin performance opportunities (i.e. improved contractual/financial terms and more consistency across payers).
- Collaborates with cross-functional ChenMed teams (e.g., markets/regions, quality, finance) and project manage initiatives related to payer relationships.
- Conducts reviews and evaluations for optimization opportunities of existing and new contracts. Develops and executes plans to implement.
- Manages personnel including interviewing, hiring, assigning work, conducting performance appraisals, and coaching
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at the manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to present technical information in an easily understood manner
- Ability to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate contracting and financial processes are being used
- Effective project management skills with the ability to gain cooperation from cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze/synthesize multiple data sources to develop a deep understanding of financial dynamics, identify and prioritize opportunities, and spot trends
- Strong financial acumen, problem-solving and analytical skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to lead and mentor managers and independent contributors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires the use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related experience in Contracting, Finance, Financial Analysis, or Accounting, including three (3) years of supervisory/management experience
- Professional certification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
The Senior Manager, Contracting will analyze complex contracts and provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives. In alignment with our Finance vision, this position will support the transformation of care for the neediest populations by systematically developing business focused finance talent who generate and use information to drive great decisions, optimize performance and ensure accountability through transparency, actionable insights and education
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director