You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
- Possess license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Possession of CPR certification/BCLS through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Possession Phlebotomy and IV certification
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other Urology clinics as assigned
- Ability to perform patient assessments and take appropriate action
- Skill at setting up and maintaining sterile fields
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships with administrators, doctors, peers and public
- Knowledge and experience in administering intramuscular and oral medication and monitoring I.V.
- Ability to assess inventory levels
- Knowledge and understanding of medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Knowledge of specific treatment protocols to be utilized
- Ability to exhibit flexibility in adjusting to changing demands and requirements of the position
- Knowledge of urologic conditions and their treatments
- Ability to assist with cystoscopic examination
- Treatment skills including catheterizations and bladder installations
- Experience with varied computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets and database programs and the UCLA Hospital Information System
- Expertise in speaking clearly and distinctly, in both Spanish and English, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar, to obtain and convey information to patients and individuals at various organizational levels, both in person and over the phone
If you want to grow professionally, this is the right place for you.
We are family here. We support each other. We collect together.
It’s so diverse and inclusive here. There’s always the opportunity to share your thoughts. It's a place where you feel you belong.