State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Sr. Financial Analyst, Research
Req ID: 40376BR
Job Summary: The SFA compiles financial information, processes journal entries, opens and closes accounts, and reconciles reports and financial data. Applies the principles of research accounting within assigned areas of accountability. Compiles and analyzes financial information, reviews and processes journal entries, familiarizes himself/herself with sponsor agreements for each cost center opened, drives the closeout process for cost centers, reconciles monthly financial data. Prepares final invoices, prepares final financial reports, maintains accurate and complete audit work-papers, knowledge of the laws and regulations that govern sponsored research grants and awards in order to properly account for research activity and to ensure compliance with those laws and regulations. Possess knowledge of Medical Center financial systems as well as other system databases and applications. The SFA may also assist with the preparation of the Facilities and Administrative cost proposal including but not limited to preparing and gathering allocation statistics, verifying existing data, field reviews.
- Compiles financial information and assists in preparation of reports from shadow systems or other manual efforts.
- Uses various software applications such as spreadsheets, statistical packages, and graphics to assemble and format data in a user-friendly manner.
- Develops financial reports and prepares communications that provides in-depth analysis, trend information, and forecasts future options or outcomes.
- Interprets financial results for users who must make sound business or compliance decisions based upon recommendations.
- Keeps abreast of laws, regulations, and policies that apply to the research community and technology transfer.
- Invoices licensees for reimbursement of patent expenses and manages intellectual property licensing, expense, and reimbursement data base (JAKE).
- Initiates or works with other Finance staff to process journal entries to various accounts.
- Provides information to Principal Investigators, Chiefs, Research Administrators, and Case Managers of TVO, and other external parties as appropriate with respect to status of accounts.
- Reports inventions made using government sponsorship to appropriate Federal agencies
- Manages a variety of operational activities that support the proper and timely administration of information and charges to appropriate accounts, including intellectual property expenses, royalty distributions, cost transfers, and a variety of encumbrances..
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply