Sr Echocardiographic Tech – Float
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – Saturday; 8am-5pm
$53.56 – $70.71 Hourly
September 1, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Provide services for all Cardiac Imaging Clinics in Westwood, Ronald Regan Hospital and community practices.
- Successful completion of a cardiac echocardiography technology program.
- Ability to deliver basic cardiac life support (BCLS).
- Registered (ARDMS or CCI) in adult cardiac echocardiography within six months of employment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology.
- Ability to apply theory to practice in the application of ultrasound technique to the clinical evaluation of the target anatomy.
- Ability to push the 500+ lb. echo machine for distances up to 100 feet within the office.
- Skill and manual dexterity to manipulate transducer and buttons, and knobs on the echo machine to obtain optimal studies.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to use P.C. and word processing software to generate written preliminary reports.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to make preliminary evaluations of echo studies to generate written preliminary reports.
- Ability to prepare and maintain log of procedures, track charge documents, compare activity records, and determine that all studies are billed and collected for.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal to no direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with patients, physicians, nurses, staff, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and/or follow physician orders, policies, procedures, or written and verbal instructions.
- According to IAC new standards:
- New graduates of a cardiac ultrasound program who are employed in an accredited facility must obtain an appropriate credential within one year from the date of graduation. These individuals must be listed on the application as provisional technical staff who are eligible for credentialing, and must only work under appropriate supervision of a credentialed sonographer.
- Individuals employed in an accredited facility who are cross-training in echocardiography or working to fulfill clinical experience pre-requisites for a credentialing examination must obtain an appropriate credential within two years from the start date of training. These individuals must be listed on the application as provisional technical staff who are eligible for credentialing, and must only work under appropriate supervision of a credentialed sonographer.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered