Sr. Administrative Support Associate, Surgery Urology "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
11/01/2021, 11:06 PM
Under limited supervision, the Senior Administrative Support Associate facilitates department work by providing specialized and/or complex administrative and operational support for a department/program/clinic. Exercises judgement in selecting and applying established procedures correctly and when to refer situations based on thorough knowledge of assigned department/program/clinic standard operating procedures. Maintains cooperative working relationships and an open line of communication with other departments and members of the Medical Center. Resolves problems to improve customer service. Assists with the organization of the leadership's time and maintains accurate schedules. Additional responsibilities include, compiling information, creating spreadsheets, drafting communications and preparing written documents using Microsoft Word, Excel and other programs.
High school diploma or GED equivalent and two years related experience. Associate degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Performs a variety of complex tasks to assist or relieve direct supervisor of operational and administrative support activities by managing, organizing, prioritizing, completing and/or delegating work on behalf of supervisor when appropriate and within established guidelines, policies and procedures. May sign on behalf of supervisor as delegated.
- Summarize the content of incoming materials, meeting minutes or other gathered data to assist supervisor with identifying emerging or priority issues.
- Maintains leadership or departmental calendar(s). This includes making appointments, arranging meetings, scheduling departmental activities, and arranging travel. Makes arrangements for facilities and audiovisual equipment as needed. Facilitates operational details of department/program/clinic.
- May interview, hire, train and direct students or other administrative staff as assigned. This includes advising on new procedures, coordinating information and accommodating workload needs.
- Responsible for screening and referring callers, taking messages, and routing calls according to procedures. Uses organizational familiarity and discretion to address concerns and escalates to direct supervisor as needed. Provides detailed responses to information requests about programs and activities.
- Prepares routine to complex correspondence, agendas, proposals, course materials, schedules, articles, meeting minutes, reports and other materials. Reviews materials for accuracy and correct format.
- Provides requested information for special reports/projects by researching files and records, retrieving stores data, compiling data, organizing and presenting information in a usable format, such as graphs, tables and charts.
- Assists with business-related financial duties such as tracking accounts, producing financial reports, and providing budget preparation support.
- Prepares, processes and maintains financial operation records, such as payroll, purchasing and requisitions.
- Maintains inventory and supplies for department/program/clinic.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient use of Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Ability to work well with numbers and statistics
Strong customer service skills
Ability to direct the work of others
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Administrative Support Associate II, Nephrology
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Seeking a full time, Administrative Support Associate II, to join our Nephrology Team. This position will provide clinical and administrative support to three Physicians, manage incoming/outgoing faxes, scan patient records into the electronic medical record, and perform additional clerical duties as needed.
- Seeking a full time, Administrative Support Associate II, to join our Nephrology Team. This position will provide clinical and administrative support to three Physicians, manage incoming/outgoing faxes, scan patient records into the electronic medical record, and perform additional clerical duties as needed.