Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is looking for a Sr. Accountant to join our our team. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role.
For more information about the physicians and services provided by Providence Health, click here.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and maintain period end financial reports.
- Maintain daily and monthly statistics.
- Prepare reports for administration and outside agencies and special financial projects and analyses as assigned.
- Prepare survey responses and data research reports for outside agencies as assigned.
- Prepare bank deposits and make appropriate entries to fund management system daily.
- Assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of the fixed asset subsidiary system.
- Responsible for preparation of operating and capital budgets for all coids and performing budge analysis as necessary within specified timeframes. Manage and assist entire budget process.
- Assist in periodic physical inventories of fixed assets, supplies inventories or other assets as assigned.
- Responsible for the addition of new general ledger accounts into accounts payable and general ledger system.
- Preparation and reconciliation of CIP and Fixed Assets G/L Summaries.
- Responsible for the maintenance, storage, record keeping for all the general ledger accounting departmental standard system reports.
- Reconcile for all balance sheet accounts to the general ledger each month.
- Maintain prepaids and reconcile each month.
Two tofour years of work experience in a computerized accounting department or publicaccounting firm.
Bachelor’s degree in businessor accounting required. CPA preferred
120Gateway Corp. Blvd.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.