Speech Language Pathologist – Outpatient – Annapolis – Full time
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 23, 2021
Evaluates patients for speech therapy services and provides therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients and documents same according to departmental standards and the special needs of patients of all ages.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs speech therapy evaluations and develops an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patient’s rehabilitation needs within the care continuum and according to departmental policies and procedures. Meets departmental productivity standards.
- Selects and competently uses a variety of appropriate treatment techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability and required competencies to cross cover, i.e., evaluate and treat patients with a variety of diagnoses in various units.
- Documents speech therapy evaluations including Patient’s Response to Treatment according to departmental standards.
- Consistently documents Rehab Plan of Care, Patient and/or Family Education, Interdisciplinary Plan of Care according to departmental standards.
- Documents speech therapy treatments including updating goals in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care and Patient’s Response to Treatment.
- Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to students, and volunteers.
- Actively participates in departmental in-service activities and journal club. Attends continuing education seminars and conducts seminar related in-services in a timely manner. Participates in and completes materials related to departmental process improvement, safety and Joint Commission preparedness, productivity logs, and HealthStream in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of speech therapy and to identify the need for speech therapy services for patients of all ages.
- Participates in clinical pathways and/or interdisciplinary meetings when indicated. Provides in-service training to other disciplines when indicated.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Speech Therapy.
- Outpatient Rehabilitation or related experience
- Current license to practice Speech Therapy by the Maryland Board
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)