SPECIMEN PROCESSOR / NLR LAB
BHMC-NORTH LITTLE ROCK · LAB
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR
Full-time, Evening, 1200 - 0845 Mon-Fri rotating weekends and holidays
Req # 98337
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY - Job Summary (general statement of purpose or objective of position)
The Specimen Processor is responsible for support and customer service of the clinical laboratory department. This will include pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical duties as described in the following section for this facility. The specimen processor is responsible and accountable for receiving, processing, labeling, and distributing specimens. The position requires a thorough understanding of laboratory specimens and the HIS/LIS computer systems. Processor will be required to perform customer service duties and other clerical duties as the job dictates. Established protocols and procedures of this facility must be followed to ensure quality patient results. Specimen Processor is a position under the supervision of the Clinical Laboratory Central Processing supervisor and Clinical Laboratory manager/director and will report to these individuals. Competency evaluations shall be performed by the Clinical Laboratory Central Processing supervisor. In addition, each staff person must demonstrate minimum qualifications as set forth by CLIA'88. A file will be maintained and updated for each staff person of education documentation, training checklists and certificates, and competency evaluations. This file will be made available for inspection.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Knowledge, skills, abilities, license, registration, certification, education, and experience
• High school or equivalent, English Comp preferred.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
• Must be able to do computer functions and process paperwork.
• Must have professional telephone etiquette.
• Effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations and with problems where only limited information or standardization exists.
• Must be able to keep work organized at all times.
• Job knowledge, judgment and ability to problem solve to ensure quality
• Must be able to work assigned shift
• Must be comfortable working with human specimens (body fluids, urine, etc.)
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.