Sonographer/Rad (Dual Mod) Lexington Medical Center, Part Time
Must hold two registries in 2 areas of Ultrasound. It is preferred that the two registries are in Abdominal and Vascular Ultrasound. Registered in Vascular US is required.
Performs quality ultrasound scans, provides observation summaries of scans, and assists radiologists and staff physicians with invasive procedures. Assists with patient scheduling, clerical and image processing function, and participates in the ultrasound call plan. Utilizes advanced clinical and process knowledge to provide guidance and support to sonographers as requested.
Graduate of an American Medical Association approved School of Radiologic Technology, AMA approved ultrasound course, or CMA accredited program in Diagnostic ultrasound. One year experience with patients preferred. Associate's degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Valid registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers required. Registered in appropriate specialties.
Wake Forest Baptist Health:
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston Salem – that included Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, and more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experimental medical education and groundbreaking research that include Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery
1. Performs quality ultrasound examinations recognizing abnormalities and artifacts and taking appropriate action to enhance, eliminate and/or monitor. Performs clinical studies in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring consistent workflow and high level of productivity.
2. Maintains work function activities with others to accomplish work objectives by assessing various locations as needed to meet daily demand. Demonstrates effective teamwork skills to promote a cooperative work environment, assisting others as needed.
3. Provides accurate data and documentation of information for departmental/patient records and utilizes appropriate electronic information system(s) accurately to retrieve and record patient/examination information.
4. Ensures readiness of equipment and supplies to perform procedures including reviewing schedule of procedures to determine specifications for supplies.
5. Provides emergency on-call back-up coverage after normal working hours responding promptly to emergency calls to facilitate activities between departments to ensure prompt patient care.
6. Participates in ultrasound research and education processes within other hospital disciplines.
7. Takes ownership and works with Sr. Sonographer assuring ICAVL accreditation. Assists Service Line Leadership in providing education to staff using case study guides and hands-on training sessions. Provides new physicians, residents and fellows with training related to ultrasound technology.
8. Ensures correct charging of ultrasound procedures and supplies on a daily basis. Assists the Sr. Sonographer in identifying and correcting incorrect physician orders and patient charges.
9. Collaborates with departmental leadership to develop, implement and communicate departmental Quality Improvement initiatives.
10. Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served to ensure patient?s needs are met.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with physicians, staff, and other Medical Center personnel regarding patient care
Ability to communicate with patients of varying age groups
Ability to teach and provide instruction and assess quality of other sonographers? work
Strong organizational skills
Ability to maintain a positive, effective working relationship with staff and leadership
Ability to work in a stressful environment and maintain self-control
Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
Ability to multitask and prioritize
Possible exposure to infectious and contagious diseases
Potential exposure to risk of blood borne diseases
Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Exposure to housekeeping/cleaning agents and chemicals
Pressure due to multiple calls and inquires
Subject to many interruptions
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.