Social Worker MSW, Care Mangement, PRN Hours/Days Vary, Athens
Job Number: 1056282
Piedmont Athens Regional Hospital - Athens, Georgia
The Social Worker strives to promote patient and family wellness, improved care outcomes, access to appropriate hospital and community resources, and manages, supports and develops comprehensive transitional care plans for patients with complex and psychosocial needs in Inpatient and Emergency Department (ED) environments.
1. Assesses, evaluates, plans and coordinates community services
2. Advocates for services to meet the specific patients / family complex needs
3. Conducts high risk assessments within timeline required by departmental and regulatory guidelines
4. Coordinates with Care Manager daily
5. Conducts psychosocial assessments
6. Provides patients / family members with Community Resources
7. Coordinates the transition to post-acute care services (Hospice, Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facility, etc.)
8. Coordinates as needed with other members of the care team
9. Organizes family meetings and/ team conferences
10. Works with the treatment team to provide solutions for complex cases (i.e. Behavioral Health and/or barriers to discharge)
11. Identifies high risk patients based on standardized criteria
12. Coordinates appropriate reporting to legal agencies as needed with respect to abuse and neglect
13. Facilitates the coordination of financial assistance as needed
14. Identifies and documents quality variances and/or barriers to discharge
15. Provides post discharge follow-up as appropriate to ensure continuity of care/services
16. Participates in PHC readmission management initiatives
Days/Hours will vary to cover the below:
Inpatient Weekday Shifts: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm Inpatient Weekend Shifts: Sat-Sun 7am-7 pm Emergency Dept Shifts: 7 days a week-10 am-10 pm
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Master's degree from an accredited social work program required
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Prefer a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an acute or post-acute setting. Licensed master social worker (LMSW) in state of Georgia preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
© 2021 Piedmont Healthcare