Social Worker I
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Doctors Community Medical Center
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: December 22, 2021
Provides counseling, crisis intervention, and transition planning services to AAMC patients of all ages and their families. Performs psychosocial assessments, plans for and implements identified services for patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- In accordance with established department and professional guidelines, provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments for patients identified by Care Coordinator, and/or interdisciplinary team.
- In counseling role, creates a therapeutic framework for effective problem solving with patient and family. Responds to patient/family needs related to adjustment to illness, disability, critical care issues, acceptance of discharge recommendations, need for long-term care placement, end of life, grief, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, and mental health issues.
- In collaboration with Care Coordinator, provides transition of care strategies in complex situations such as: substance abuse, psychiatric, or dual diagnosis placement/services, ventilator dependent patients, inpatient dialysis services, patients with no insurance needing skilled nursing facility placement, patients requiring guardianship, long term/custodial placement.
- Identifies community services and resources available to patients and families and facilitates linkage with those services.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and communicates to him/her the progress and status of referred patients. Makes recommendations and revises plan based on continued evaluation and collaboration. Communicates proactively with members of care management and the interdisciplinary team as appropriate and indicated.
- Evaluates patient/family progress toward established goals. Participates in Care Conferences and Complex Care rounds as indicated to address patient/family issues/barriers and to help facilitate safe transitions of care.
- Integrates medical record and nursing information in assessment and interventions.
- Ensures timely, appropriate, and accurate evaluation and reporting of suspected child/elder abuse and or neglect. Assesses for domestic violence issues and involves domestic violence program coordinator as indicated and appropriate.
- Documents interventions in patient's medical record following department standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities in the care management department. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends.
- Master of Social Work degree.
- Six months experience in healthcare delivery system required, preferably acute care.
- Current license as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW).
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.?
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)