Social Worker I
Job ID: 90141
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 8a-4:30pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Social Worker I
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
- A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
- Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
Under direct supervision of an LCSW, provides therapeutic intervention and social work services to patients and their families to enhance comprehensive, integrated and uninterrupted care in the hospital and to have continuity of care in the community. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with patients, families, visitors, medical teams, and co-workers in accordance with UMMC and departmental policies and procedures. Mobilizes resources to reduce risk, and serves as ambassador between hospital and community.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Assess the patient’s psychosocial situation in relation to the medical and psychiatric needs by providing brief admission assessments of each patient, family, or significant other to extend support and determine willingness. Ability to understand and comply with the D/C treatment plan, and understand availability of the caregiver to care for the hospitalized patient upon discharge.
- Interviews patients, family members, and/or significant others identified through case finding or referral to assess needs for social work services.
- Reviews patient chart and nursing care plans for pertinent medical care or nursing care information.
- Provides preventive, protective, or supportive services, including mandatory reporting for patients who are in or who are threatened by situations detrimental to their well-being.
- Interprets psycho-social services programs and procedures to client, staff and community organizations.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work required. Maryland state Licensed Master Social Work License (LMSW) and credentials is commensurate with clinical assignment.
- Two years social work experience in acute hospital setting is preferred. This may include internships and paid work experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW