Social Worker in Richlands, VA at Clinch Valley Medical Center
Date Posted: 11/11/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
Clinch Valley Medical Center (CVMC) is a 200-bed facility and the largest acute-care hospital in far southwest Virginia. The hospital’s medical staff represents 33 medical specialties. For more information please visit: https://www.clinchvalleyhealth.com/
Clinch Valley Medical Center
The Social Worker assesses psychosocial need and applies brief interventions in order to support the medical treatment plan. The social worker will utilize interventions to enhance patient and family functioning and emotional well-being, and access appropriate and agreed upon services. They are responsible for collaborating and coordinating care to enhance the patient experience and the achievement of collaborative goals. They collaboratively develop patient goals, monitor progress, address barriers to goal achievement, and evaluate outcomes of individualized care plans. This role provides training, guidance, and mentors staff and physicians on management of complex psychosocial patient issues, in line with organizational academic mission.
- Assists with developing, administering and coordinating Social Service policies and procedures in accordance with professional standards and federal and state regulations.
- Comprehensively assess patient goals as well as their biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, discharge planning needs and financial status.
- Recognizes patient's right to self-determination by advocating for the client's personal choices regarding health care concerns and supports his/her participation in care provided.
- Assists in discharge planning process. Collaborates with the patient health care team, payers, community agencies, family and/or legal representatives to ensure continuity of patient's care through all health care set.
- Educate patient/patient's family by providing information, including but not limited to, community resources, financial information and other health related facilities.
- Assess, develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process in conjunction with the patient and family
- Has delegated responsibilities for the development, implementation, data collection and evaluation of findings of the performance improvement program for social services.
- Performs other duties as may be requested by the Utilization Manager.
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Social Work or other related field preferred, but not required.
Experience: Some Healthcare experience preferred.
Special Qualifications: Good communication skills are essential, both written and oral.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.