State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Social Media Specialist
Req ID: 40803BR
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and implementing social media activities for Beth Israel Lahey Health and its member organization. Responsible for day-to-day management of a portfolio of social media accounts, including community management, content calendar development and posting social content. This individual will work in partnership with the communications and marketing teams and stakeholders across the institution to grow brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, and provide regular analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media strategies - keeping up with social media trends and develop regular reports of the system channels.
- Develops and implements social media activities for Beth Israel Lahey Health and its member organizations in support of the system's business strategy.
- Creates and executes social media content calendar based on organizational priorities and audience interests.
- Performs day-to-day community/reputation management of all assigned channels.
- Monitors success of social media channels and works to increase engagement and improve overall metrics.
- Monitors social conversations to identify trends and relevant conversations.
- Produces content in collaboration with creative services teams and colleagues across the department.
- Builds relationships with content contributors and stakeholders throughout the system.
- Provides on-call support for all social media needs in crisis/urgent need situations, including off-hours monitoring of social media channels.
- Coordinates multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, or related field required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required in a social media specialist role or related field.
- Must be organized and an out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment. Will be a skilled writer with experience taking photos and videos for social media channels.
- Must have an excellent customer service orientation and be able to interact with leadership, staff, physicians and patients. Must be a strong team player and willing to contribute in any way needed to support the Communications & Marketing teams.
- Requires excellent interviewing, reporting, writing and editing skills; must possess strong interpersonal skills as well as technical skills. Proven work experience in social media or similar role.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Knowledge of multimedia content creation and associated tools such as Adobe Photoshop, iMovie.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply