State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Shuttle Driver-Central Supply Aide (Monday-Friday 11:00am-7:30pm)
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 42422BR
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Supervisor of Central Supply, the Shuttle Driver/Central Supply Aide performs the day-to-day functions and activities in the Central Supply department as required, referring unusual questions or problems to the supervisor. The Shuttle Driver/Central Supply Aide serves as the main contact for all communications relative to the Central Supply department and the Transportation Department. This position is also responsible for the safe operation of a van, mini-van, truck, or bus to transport employees and volunteers to and from hospital parking lots and buildings. Responsibilities also include monitoring of all BID-Needham parking lots.
- Maintain and fill code cart daily.
- stock shelves with new products and check inventory for outdated (expired) products monthly.
- Take orders for departments that are running with Just In Time system.
- Deliver orders to appropriate floors and fill their shelves with correct stock, filling orders from requisitions as needed.
- Works closely with Purchasing and Receiving in order to resolve issues with items, including backordered stock.
- Transports employees to and from various satellite parking lots.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and equipment from offsite locations as needed.
- Conducts daily vehicle and periodic inspections to ensure operability; report all necessary vehicle repairs to Director.
Completes accurate daily and periodic inspection records; fill out incident reports as necessary.
- Monitors all parking lots to ensure employees are parking in the correct locations and maintains a daily log of parking violations.
- Performs routine maintenance as outlined by vehicle's manufacturer and in conjunction with the Director. Brings vehicles to repair shops as directed. Routine maintenance includes: Fuel fill up, oil change, tire changes,
windshield wipers, transmission fluid, general interior cleaning, mirrors, jump starts.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid MA Driver's License.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Excellent driving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply