Service Line Operational Analyst, Pharmacy Administration, Business Office
SCHEDULE: Normally, 1st shift (8a-5p), Mon-Fri
JOB DESCRIPTION: Prepare, analyze and audit pharmacy reports and financial indicators. Work closely with internal and external customers to ensure the correct reporting and representation of the financial information for the entire Pharmacy division.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Gather, compile and prepare information for financial reports, analyses, and graphs for use by Pharmacy leadership.
- Participate in business and financial plan development and analysis. Participate in meetings providing input as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and manage new and revised financial processes, costing analysis, billing protocols and metric representation.
- Perform multiple tasks within EPIC – work queues, charge analysis, charge corrections, etc.
- Assist with requests from Medical Center billing department, as well as compliance department.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial reporting and inventory.
- Assist with various projects across the Pharmacy continuum (Retail, Specialty, Mixed Use and Ambulatory)
- Maintain effective liaison with internal departments, Medical Center Administration, external auditors, etc. for the purpose of identifying, assembling and analyzing financial information.
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as business, healthcare administration, public administration, or management and three years’ experience in healthcare, patient access, customer service, business or administrative position required or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Valid driver's license. Green Belt or other Six Sigma certification preferred.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- EPIC and MacroHelix experience desired
- Analytical skills
- Expert level spreadsheet skills
- Communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Ability to multitask and juggle various projects simultaneously
1. Plan, develop and coordinate the preparation of financial analyses and reports, including business plans, financial statements, cost analyses, revenue and expense trends and statistical reports.
2. Improves operations by analyzing results and variances, identifies trends and recommends actions and/or processes for improvement. Supports process redesign for identified opportunities by providing impact analysis.
3. Recommend and implement new policies, procedures and strategies to streamline workflow and ensure department/service line is meeting organizational objectives and goals.
4. Assists in the preparation of the department or service line's annual budget.
5. Develop, implement and assist in the management of new and revised financial management systems, cost accounting systems and financial policies and procedures. May assist in analyzing transactions to identify opportunities for avoidable write-offs, negative trends or lost reimbursement.
6. Evaluates best practices and cost containment measures to assist in the delivery of quality patient care or administrative services while maintaining resource efficiency, improving productivity and/or generating revenue.
7. Meet with management to understand and assess business/operational needs, as well as technical or other requirements in order to anticipate and prepare for key business issues.
8. Works with management to establish new programs, performance measurements, systems and goals aligned with organizational objectives and industry or clinical standards. Identifies appropriate resources and support needed to facilitate decisions to achieve optimal outcomes.
9. Develop and implement tools to monitor expenses. Train end users on how to use tools for reporting purposes.
10. Manages special projects as assigned by management; develops/maintains project plans.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent analytical and problem skills
- Understanding of financial cost and budgeting
- Experience with data collecting and mining preferred
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from management
- Ability to work under pressure and balance competing priorities
- Proficient Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Demonstrates effective communication skills including polished presentation skills
- Maintains a positive and supportive attitude and demeanor
- Professional handling of exposure to confidential/sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Clean, well-lit, comfortable office setting
- Moderate noise level
- Handles confidential data
- Subject to interruptions
- Subject to stressful conditions
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.