State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Senior Project Manager - Research
Req ID: 37962BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer (CAO), the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating development and execution of projects related to system level integration of research, education and academic activities at BILH. Manages operations for several existing and new programs, cooperative agreements, and other complex tasks. Works closely with the CAO in strategic coordination of academic and research activities in the BILH system. These areas include but not limited to clinical and translational research, clinical trials, outcomes research, population health sciences, health care disparities, quality improvement research and education. Additional roles include coordinating data collection procedures and activities at different BILH sites, design and implementation of protocols and procedures, collaboration with other CAO staff involved in the project. Prepares internal and external reports, communications and other duties as requested by the CAO.
- Work independently under the general direction of the Chief Academic Officer.
- Partner with leadership and management members of BILH to assure sustained and effective operations of a new BILH Academic Council.
- Under the supervision of the CAO, work with diverse stakeholders and interdisciplinary teams to build and coordinate key elements of clinical research infrastructure across BILH.
- Coordinate administrative and organizational aspects of multiple projects.
- Lead writing/editing of communications, reports, and website materials.
- Prepare slides for presentations, lectures, funders, and other research leaders.
- Collaborate with local hospital managers, project coordinators, investigators, and compliance specialists to accomplish academic goals and deliverables of the CAO office.
- Manage and adhere to multiple deadlines for submission of reports, events, and presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required in Academic, research, or related setting..
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Possess exceptional time management skills and be capable of prioritizing among multiple requests and competing demands.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply