Senior Practice Manager- Surgical and Medical Specialties, Full-Time (Weekdays)
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 9, 2021
The Senior Practice Manager, Surgical and Medical Specialties will work in unison with the Practice Director in the overall operation, financial and administrative performance of the Surgery Division. The Senior Practice Manager will collaborate with the Practice Director to facilitate operational improvements in the effectiveness, efficiency, productivity and superior patient experience; selection, mentoring, education, development, and performance for physician practices and employees, managers and supervisors. Contribution to the strategic decision making applicable to the physician practices, and establish and maintains a healthy and productive collaboration and support of the Physician Enterprise Chairperson; The Senior Practice Manager must establish and maintain a working relationship with and trust of the physician(s) and keep the physicians and stakeholders fully informed of the issues which affect the practice. The Senior Practice Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships and communicating with other Luminis Health functions such as but not limited to the Central Business Office, Information Support, training, Luminis Health HR, and Luminis Health Risk Management..
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Meets at regular intervals with Practice Director, Managers and Supervisors to discuss practice operations.
- Meets at regular intervals with Practice Director, Managers and Supervisors to discuss performance improvement initiatives and financial performance.
- Assists in the development of an annual operating budget for the primary care practices.
- Assists the managers and supervisors as a whole to meet budgetary deadlines.
- Monitors the day to day activities across the practices.
- Assures that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for efficient and effective operations.
- Meets regularly with the Practice Director, physicians and practice managers to discuss operational issues.
- Communicates financial and billing information with providers on a regular basis.
- Maintains regular contact with the Practice Director regarding important issues.
- Collects and manipulates data to gain insight and depth of understanding of operations, finance, trends, and comparisons and educate physicians and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health administration, finance or related field, and three or more years of experience in private physician office management.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet software and database systems. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Superior physician relationship skills.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands. High motivation and achievement orientation. Strong leadership and aptitude to attract and motivate strong management.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)