Senior HR Strategic Business Partner "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Professional / Management
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
10/01/2021, 09:44 AM
The Senior HR Strategic Business Partner is an executive-level HR professional whom:
- Has high-level experience in the HR profession, or in a healthcare role with demonstrated HR responsibility
- Serves as an executive-level strategic leader and experienced consultant
- Maintains a strategically important & complex client portfolio, including multiple programs or lines of business
- Seen by their clients as a member of the executive team for their line of business.
- Leads, and is accountable and responsible, for strategic projects & initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring HR cross-regional collaboration and alignment across the Atrium Health enterprise.
The Senior HR Strategic Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives and serves as an executive-level trusted advisor to management on human resource strategy issues. The Sr. HRSBP is deeply connected with the business unit goals, processes & strategies, and will create a tight linkage with HR measurements/metrics to ensure alignment and return on investment. The Sr. HRSBP acts as a change agent, anticipating human capital related needs, seeking to develop integrated solutions, and formulating partnerships across the business to deliver value-added service.
- Serves as an advisor to senior business leaders, providing guidance, counsel, and human capital strategic direction.
- Works with senior business leaders to anticipate opportunities to influence and lead change that will improve individual, team and enterprise talent performance.
- Maintains an effective level of business acumen about the organization’s goals, culture and competition, and particularly in for assigned client groups.
- Consults with senior business leaders as a key partner in the identification of solutions relating to human capital programs and services, workforce productivity and engagement, organizational design and performance, talent management, teammate retention, and diversity and inclusion.
- Provides guidance and input on organizational structures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identifies and manages talent risks and the specific business area supported.
- Builds trusting relationships with data-based insights, business acumen, best practices, and industry trends.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics in partnership with HR Centers of Excellence to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of teammates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Consults with business unit leadership on compensation support including salary planning, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management.
- Works closely with management and teammates to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Supports employee engagement efforts.
- Acts as a proactive change agent, assesses and anticipates HR related needs, communicating needs proactively between the HR department and management to develop integrated solutions
- Identifies training needs for department and individual leadership needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs.
- Participates in labor-management committees.
- Conduit to HR Centers of Expertise/Excellence for the successful development of progressive workforce programs, analytics and solutions.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Proficient business literacy (e.g., profit/loss statements, balance sheets, etc. and related technology)
- Business, finance and operations leadership acumen
- Awareness of healthcare trends, impact to current state and future state considerations
- Excellent consultative mindset with an ability to build strong relationships grounded in trust
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-directed, with excellent time management and detail orientation
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource concepts, including employee relations, workforce management and the development of performance appraisal systems.
- Strong EQ with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Masters’ degree in a related field required
- Minimum 8 years business experience with progressive responsibilities and demonstrated organization strategy activity; minimum 5 years in a leadership position
- Experience working directly with senior business executives in an advisory capacity
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organization development, change management, employee relations, diversity, etc.
- Experience leading major cross-functional projects that included creating project plans and timelines, managing resource plans and monitoring/reporting performance to plan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management methodologies to solve big problems within a complex business environment.
- PHR, SPHR preferred
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.