• Familiarity with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet programs to include MS Word, Excel, and Access.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and set priorities in order to meet varying demands and competing deadlines from a variety of individuals.
• Ability to accurately provide oral and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely using proper English in order to convey messages, follow instructions, and obtain information.
• Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of faculty, physicians, principal investigators, staff, fellows, and the public in a cooperative manner, including members of EFM, OCGA, general accounting, and funding agencies.
• Ability to function as part of a team and as accounting/grants manager liaison/analyst in large, complex divisions.
• Skill in organizing material, information, and resources in a systematic way to maximize efficiency and minimize duplication.
• Skill in maintaining confidentiality at the highest levels.
• Leadership, organizational, and managerial skills to work effectively as a representative of the division.
• Demonstrated skill in financial analysis, planning, preparation, and administration of a budget with multiple complex funding sources.
• Demonstrated experience in post-award research administration, including fund close-out.