Senior Data Scientist – Cybersecurity
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Job Id R0018290
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Senior Data Scientist – Cybersecurity is responsible for developing and organizing data-centered projects that ultimately inform and promote the company's expansion. With deep knowledge and expertise in applying machine learning to solve complex, real-world problems, the incumbent in this role formulates, recommends, and administers data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the company’s interests. He/She helps develop cutting edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) driven solutions based on a rich stream of clinical, claims, payer, and behavioral data. The Senior Data Scientist operates in a highly collaborative environment of data scientists, data engineers, domain experts and business leaders to deliver analytics products that have the potential to fundamentally alter how healthcare is thought about and delivered in a large scale.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry.
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical/ML methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Assumes a prominent role in the development of junior staff. Behaves as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice. Collaborates with business partners to develop technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
- Identifies meaningful insights from “big data” sources. Assists in the coordination of various research initiatives. Serves as an internal consultant in identifying opportunities to improve decision making through the application of analytical concepts and techniques.
- Support high visibility reporting operational area to driving change and device the development of dashboards using various visualization tools
- Support the client in reporting on enterprise risks through the application of data science principles, tools, and methods and to share visualizations and dashboards to drive remediation, mitigation, and risk management activities
- Ability to create database categories for raw data population
- Turn unstructured data into data ready for analysis
- Develop automation with data analysis tools and create customized searches and applications using programming and development expertise, including Java, Python, shell scripting, and regular expression
- Create and optimize Big Data correlations as a Splunk search language (SPL) expert
- Develop and apply algorithms to unstructured data to uncover new sights.
- Support complex problem solving and project management using data and security driven solutions, provide mentorship and advise stakeholders on impact of risks ascertained from data analysis
- Develop advanced reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders and scalable security management tools and processes
- Conduct research in areas, including security principles, host and network-based security technologies, machine learning algorithms, and mitigation methods
- Design automation for security tools management, and create customized searches and applications using programming and development expertise
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Create database connections through various tool inputs (MySQL, MSSQL, ODBC, Oracle, etc.)
- Provide security focused log collection solutions using Splunk/Tableau
- Develop products leveraging data from several security technologies to provide high level reporting
- Demonstrate expertise with vulnerability mitigation methods
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Keen business acumen and acuity
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine learning fundamentals including classical machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Superb interpersonal, organization, time-management, facilitation, and coordination skills
- Task oriented with an ability to set goals and complete deliverables
- Outstanding supervision and mentorship abilities
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
- Expert level knowledge on OWASP
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python with hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems
- Proficient with relational databases and programming languages, such as SQL, Python, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and shell scripting
- Mastery skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Knowledge of securing Windows operating systems and SPL
- Experience with securing Linux/Unix and Mac operating systems desired
- Hand-on experience working in large enterprise environments
- Familiarity of host and network-based security technologies, machine learning algorithms, and integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as: Medical Informatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics required OR additional experience above the minimum may be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis
- A minimum of 3 years of industry work experience in data science/machine learning roles required
- Experience using tools in at least one cloud computing platform such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) a plus
The Senior Data Scientist – Cybersecurity is responsible for developing and organizing data-centered projects that ultimately inform and promote the company's expansion. With deep knowledge and expertise in applying machine learning to solve complex, real-world problems, the incumbent in this role formulates, recommends, and administers data-driven projects which are geared at furthering the company’s interests. He/She helps develop cutting edge Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) driven solutions based on a rich stream of clinical, claims, payer, and behavioral data. The Senior Data Scientist operates in a highly collaborative environment of data scientists, data engineers, domain experts and business leaders to deliver analytics products that have the potential to fundamentally alter how healthcare is thought about and delivered in a large scale.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director