Senior Cyber Security Engineer in Brentwood, TN at Health Support Center
Date Posted: 12/17/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
LifePoint Health was founded in 1999 on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong healthcare creates strong communities. We began with a network of 23 hospitals in non-urban markets across the nation united by a singular mission: Making Communities Healthier. We are a financially strong company with significant healthcare operations expertise. We recognize that every community has unique healthcare needs, and for more than 17 years, we have worked to ensure the highest standards of quality care and excellent service to patients at each of our locations by understanding and responding to these needs. LifePoint has a track record of investing in state-of-the-art technology, facility improvements, physician recruitment and staff development. We give each of the facilities and providers within our network the resources they need to deliver high quality care and services to their communities and succeed in today’s healthcare marketplace.
LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for assisting in the evaluation and development of systems security across the LifePoint Health enterprise with an emphasis on detecting, responding and preventing cyber threats. Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) by maintaining knowledge of industry recognized security technologies and concepts. Responsible for reviewing threat intelligence data from various sources and develop unique automation and correlation processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Assist with Information Security processes and outcomes for interrelated information technology security incidents, recoveries, potential intrusions, and system abuses.
- Write security status reports, including Malware, to provide system status, report potential and actual security violations and provide procedural recommendations.
- Provide subject matter expertise, technical deliverables, and oversight for strategic cyber projects and initiatives to enhance and improve Cyber Threat Intelligence capabilities and maturity.
- Recommend sound remediation and recovery strategies, suggest defensive policy enhancements and information technology procedures.
- Coordinate resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to timely and complete resolution.
- Maintain situational awareness of Cyber Threat activity and “out of the box” thinking by reviewing open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware, or other threats that have the potential to impact the organization.
- Positively manage vendor relationship identifying opportunities to strengthen LifePoint’s Information Security Cyber Threat program.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
- Access to and / or works with sensitive and / or confidential information.
- Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: High school diploma or GED; Bachelor's or relevant requivalent experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Certifications: Related certifications preferred
Skills and Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computer Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
Moderate Communication -- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others and make presentations to department or middle management.
Routine Business Problems -- Problems encountered are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures.
Job Specific Impact -- Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Moderate Planning / Organization -- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
- In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
- Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
- Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.