Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Sales & Marketing Analytics)
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Job Id R0022452
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Business Intelligence Developer (Data Engineer) will work closely with
Sales and Marketing to accelerate ChenMed growth with new member acquisitions as well as improve clinical experience for existing members with Operations. The Business Intelligence Developer-DE will use their skills and expertise to transform data into metrics, automated reports, and dashboards providing actionable insights to improve decision-making at all levels of the business. The Business Intelligence Developer-DE will have strong data management skills and communicate directly with internal clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a deep familiarity with a variety of data sources including transactional databases, data warehouses, internal tools, and external integrations.
- Develops data programs that extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from the data warehouse, assures that architecture and development follow data warehouse best practices. This individual works with DW architects, data architects, hardware/software engineers, DBAs, application vendors and managed services to ensure enterprise DW solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible and low maintenance.
- Develops reports, dashboards, and tools using SQL, Python, SSRS, and QlikView, as well as other tools.
- Takes ownership of our data and constantly improve its quality and integrity; proactively identifying issues at every step and coordinating the implementation of required fixes.
- Partners with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and assist in the development of dashboards, visualizations and solutions tailored to their needs.
- Documents existing processes, architectures and code.
- Assists, mentors, and instructs lower-level developers and analysts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Motivated self-directed, but with the ability to take direction from others.
- Exposure to or experience with ETL processes. SSIS experience a huge plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Very good project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Proven ability to create and deliver communications (written and verbal) and presentations to audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Skilled at developing Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions.
- Proven ability to develop predictive data models using statistical and mathematical methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skill.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or related required.
- Master’s level-education with a combination of technical and business background a plus.
- Five (5) + years of experience analyzing and manipulating data from a variety of production systems and data platforms.
- Strong SQL skills and five (5) + years RDBMS experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle, etc.).
- Three (3)+ years of healthcare industry experience (or equivalent educational background), and experience with EMR systems
- Proven experience working with business units; gathering their needs and creating solutions.
- Experience working with a variety of reporting and analytic tools (QlikView and SSRS strongly preferred).
- Experience in query tuning and database engine optimization.
- Experience in database programming, stored procedures, data imports and exports.
- Some experience programming with a high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, C#, etc.).
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director