Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Leads the organization's accounting activities, including financial record keeping and reporting. Responsible for more complex accounting activities with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports.
- Maintains records of organization's financial activity in accordance with GAAP, organizational standards, and/or compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Creates reports on financial performance for internal and external use.
- Completes month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities related to foreign exchange, cash management and tax, including preparing the appropriate audit work papers for such activities.
- Supports and assists junior accounting staff in the development of their professional skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Minimum of five years of accounting experience or related field. Direct experience working with general ledger systems, preparing financial reports and financial analysis
Ability to meet deadlines and work extended hours when necessary
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.