Security Officer – CPT/PRN – Varied Shifts
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 12, 2020
To provide personal and asset protection for patients, visitors and employees throughout the Medical Center facility, and to prevent any potential hazardous conditions through continuous monitoring of all areas.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains personal and asset security by conducting complete and through hazard surveillance rounds with strong emphasis on protecting patients, staff and hospital property. Monitor radio communication, telephone and written notes for daily information; uses various methods of communication to include electronic and manual.
- When stationed in the Control Center responsible for the continuous monitoring of the CCTV for unwarranted actions and maintain the written/computer logs and email correspondence as per established policy.
- Responds to all STAT calls throughout the facility (i.e. Mr. Firestone, Code Pink) following established guidelines. Responds quickly, calmly, and effectively in emergency situations, including the use of physical restraints when required, according to department and Medical Center guidelines. Manage emergency situations and ensure execution of disaster plans; notifies Security Supervisor and or Security Director of emergency situations.
- Documents all investigation reports and logs, accurately and timely, following established department standards and reports any involvement with patients when assistance is requested by medical or nursing staff, or when patients or their families ask for assistance or information
- Participates in crisis intervention with staff, patients, visitors and others, to restore and maintain order as quickly and safely as possible by applying the knowledge of growth and development across the life span to the care of patient.
- Provides staff education on safety topics; and trains new Officers on all department policies and procedures.
- Performs regular patrols of assigned areas on main campus and its satellite office buildings and regularly inspect designated facilities, fire extinguishers, helipads, alarm systems, close circuit cameras and other security equipment as required; address and/or report any concerns and or issues
- Receives, process and returns lost and found articles; Inventories and reviews lost and found closet and ensures proper documentation
- Assists with keys, verify and issue contractor badges. contractor badges, patient’s room safe, traffic control, parking enforcement, monitors the Temp-Track System.
- Provides assistance escorting patients, customer assists (vehicle jump starts, lock out and lost vehicles) and with customer transports and patient lifts as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of Health care Safety and Security experience preferred but not required.
- Must pass State of Maryland Criminal Records background check prior to employment.
- Valid Class C driver's license required with no more than two (2) Points on current driving record.
- IAHSS Basic Officer Certification required within 120 days of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)