US – Los Angeles, CA
$19.96 – $25.84 Hourly
March 20, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
1. Ability to see aspects of public relations in all facets of the job and the ability to understand the effects of actions on the entire organization.
2. Ability to recognize the importance of dealing diplomatically with the public, and the importance of a good public appearance.
3. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with security employees, police officers, and Medical Center, RNPH, Medical Plaza and CHS employees.
4. Physical ability to handle various interventive incidents, including patient restraints and violent subjects.
5. Demonstrated ability to assess problematic or emergency situations and plan / execute an appropriate solution based on established guidelines or policies.
6. Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas using appropriate vocabulary and spelling.
7. Ability to relay information, either in writing or verbally, in a professional manner.
8. Knowledge and understanding of all Security Program operational policies and guidelines.
9. Ability to independently resolve issues working within set policies and procedures.
10. Knowledge of applicable geography in order to expedite calls and to be an effective information source.
11. Ability to know and use available resources in order to solve problems.
12. Possess and maintain current certification: Guard Card, D.O.J. Chemical Agent, CPR and driver’s license.
13. Knowledge of penal and radio codes and language used in radio communications.
14. Physically able to perform sustained foot patrols, prolonged standing, lifting patients, and physically restrain patients or prisoners as necessary.
15. Visual and hearing ability to detect and report unusual circumstances quickly and accurately.
16. Working knowledge of security practices, protocols and techniques.
17. Ability to complete continual training classes as required. (Training provided)
18. Ability to operate security related equipment and general office equipment.
19. Ability to successfully pass a criminal background investigation.
Share this job