Job ID: 80806
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 3p – 11p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Full-Time Evening Shift
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world class 800-bed, Magnet designated Academic Medical Center.
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
As a security officer you will
Enforce hospital safety and security policies and procedures during daily security rounds. Uses two-way radio to report emergencies as needed. Looks for fire and safety hazards/deficiencies; identifies and corrects hazards, reports violations on appropriate report forms, as required.
Provide directions and general information to hospital patients and visitors. May provide shuttle/escort service to visitors and staff to locations within the UMMC Campus.
Protect hospital property and personnel including vehicles parked on hospital grounds by observing patients, visitors, staff, and equipment, noting irregular or suspicious behaviors, apprehending criminal suspects, and issuing parking violations according to policy.
Enforce hospital safety plans during emergencies or emergency drills by notifying staff of correct procedures or aiding staff in the evacuation of hospital patients. Serves as contact for City Fire Department during emergencies in order to increase response time.
As a Team Member at UMMC, you’ll experience:
• A supportive and collaborative work environment
• A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage, Tax-Free Savings Plans and more!
• A highly competitive wage scale: Annual merit increases and a base wage scale that is measured against to market standards.
• Generous tuition reimbursement of up to $5,000 per year for your graduate degree.
Located in downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards, you won’t find a more vibrant place to work!
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required
- One year experience in security, military, or law enforcement or certification in security/safety training is required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required within 1 year of hire
- De-Escalation Training required within 1 year of hire
- Completion of a CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) course on Non-Violent Crisis Intervention is required within 1 year of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on