State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Section Supervisor, Multiple Modality (Friday 10:00am-8:30pm and Saturday & Sunday 7:30am-11:00pm)
Req ID: 37371BR
Job Summary: Activities are specifically directed by the Radiologist, Radiology Director and the Radiology Clinical Manager. Performs a wide variety of specific and specialized duties and procedures to hospital inpatients and outpatients in accordance with orders of physicians. Performs these duties using independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. This position requires a high level of technical and informatics knowledge and skill, to include necessary critical thinking skills. Will work in close cooperation with members of a team of physicians, nurses and other technical staff. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands. The individual is responsible for the overall efficiency, productivity and quality of work performed during the weekend. Provides supervision for all Radiology clinical and clinical support personnel. Maintains interactive communication with patients and families and effectively addresses conflict and opportunities for improvement. Facilitates the flow of communication within in the hospital while managing the operations in a manner, which results in effective provision of care and/or services.
- Coordinates the day-to-day patient flow of outpatients, inpatients and ED patients.
- Serves as mentor and resource in problem solving in the department,
- Resource for PACS, Meditech, Computerized and Digital Radiology and high end imaging exams.
- Follows departmental guidelines and protocols in scheduling and documentation of exams and maintaining accurate and complete records relative to the examinations performed.
- Provides direction to staff relative to their responsibilities during assigned shifts.
- Communicates effectively with off-site radiologist in the protocols of and interpretation of exams.
- Works to improve work flow and growth in the department.
- Vocational or Technical training in two year post high school program in radiologic technique. required. Bachelor's degree in related field of study preferred.
- License MARadTech-Radiography required., and Certificate 1 American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required., and ARRT registration required in MRI and Radiography
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Radiology Information Systems and PACS knowledge.
- Experience with IV placement required.
- Possesses the knowledge of procedures and policies related to MRI and MRI safety.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Minimum three years or equivalent MRI, CT and X-Ray experience.
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply