Section Chief, Inpatient and Psychiatry Residency Program Site Director
- Req. Number: 2020-29545
- Posted Date: 7/4/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: 201 Reeceville Road
- City, State: Coatesville, PA
- Department: THMG Psych
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation.
Brandywine Behavioral Health Pavilion located in Coatesville, PA is looking for a qualified experience Section Chief Psychiatrist to join their practice. Join our dedicated team of Psychiatrist in a beautiful community. We are the only inpatient pavilion in Chester County and we offer various behavioral therapies with multi-disciplinary treatment plans.
The role of the Section Chief of Inpatient Psychiatry is to provide medical leadership, supervision, and planning for the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry. The Section Chief will provide vision and direction to the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry, with a focus on meeting Hospital, THMG, and Community needs. The Section Chief of Inpatient Psychiatry, in collaboration with the hospital administrator and nursing leadership, will be responsible for providing clinical oversight of a robust inpatient psychiatric service consisting of two (2) general psychiatric units, one (1) geriatric unit and one (1) specialized eating disorder unit. The successful candidate will be appointed to the rank of assistant, associate, or full professor in the Department of Psychiatry Drexel University College of Medicine commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
The Section Chief will also serve as the Tower/Drexel Psychiatry Residency Program Site Director at Brandywine Hospital.
The Section Chief of Inpatient Psychiatry will report to the Chair, Department of Academic Psychiatry, Tower Health, and Department of Psychiatry Drexel University College of Medicine.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and direction of psychiatric services in the hospital.
- Collaborates with Hospital and Tower Health Medical Group leadership, including other department heads or section chiefs, to set the standards and optimize behavioral health and psychiatric services.
- Works with all stakeholders to ensure continuous quality improvement and patient safety standards.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to develop and implement behavioral health policies and procedures in clinical care, quality improvement, and patient safety.
- Represents the psychiatry service on hospital committees and THMG committees.
- Works closely with the Psychiatry Residency Program Director to ensure the training experience and clinical learning environment meeting the ACGME accreditation standards.
- Serves as a role model of collaboration, professionalism, dedication, and work-life balance.
- Carries a reasonable caseload and provides direct patient care.
- Provides supervision of a team of psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
- Promote collegial relationships with medical staff, nursing, and other hospital staff.
- Guides the delivery of services to assure the highest standard of patient care.
- Develops methods to document and benchmark the quality of care delivered.
- Develops, implements, and documents ongoing quality improvement and utilization management programs emphasizing principles of evidence-based medicine. Assures that the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care is evaluated.
- Be accountable for all professional and administrative activities within the Section of Psychiatry.
- Maintains continuing review of the professional performance of all practitioners with clinical privileges in the Section of Psychiatry and report as necessary to the Chair, Department of Psychiatry.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, Facilities, the Director of Physician Practices and THMG Administration, ensures that the administrative and clinical onboarding of new providers at the practice site is completed within a reasonable timeframe (30 days from start date). New hire clinical onboarding will include a 30, 60, and 90-day evaluation with clear direction and definition of objectives that are rooted in the goals and values of Tower Health Medical Group.
- Assigns members of the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry to perform the duties of the Active Medical Staff, in consultation with the Chair, Department of Psychiatry.
- Be responsible for enforcement of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulation within the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry.
- Support the Chair, Department of Psychiatry, in strategic planning for the Section on program development.
- Assists the Chair, Department of Psychiatry in medical staff development within the Section.
- Assists the Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Administration in the development and control of Section budget.
- Works with the Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Medical Staff, and Administration in the cost-effective utilization of resources.
- Coordinates program development and facility planning and efficacy in program delivery within the section.
- Scholarly Activities
- Oversees in coordination with the Residency Program Director and Chair, Department of Medicine, the Graduate Medical Education programs within the Section of Psychiatry.
- Oversees in coordination with the CME Coordinator, and Chair, Department of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education for members of the Medical Staff in the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry.
- Participates in the teaching of residents, medical students, and other trainees.
- Supports the development of research within the Section of Inpatient Psychiatry.
- Collaborates with the Chair, Department of Psychiatry to encourage, support, and grow research endeavors within the Department.
64 Bed Inpatient Behavioral Health Pavilion
Unit A (1)2Older Adult
Unit B (2)General Adult
Unit C (1)Eating Disorders
- Active or eligible for PA License
- Board certified in general psychiatry
- Fellowship in geriatric psychiatry preferred, but not necessary
- Broad inpatient psychiatric experience
- Proven track record of team building
- Commitment to teaching and training of medical students and residents