- Reading Hospital
- St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
- Brandywine Hospital
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Jennersville Hospital
- Phoenixville Hospital
- Pottstown Hospital
- Tower Health Medical Group
- Tower Health Urgent Care
- Tower Health at Home
Section Chief - Geriatric Medicine
- Req. Number: 2019-27522
- Posted Date: 6/8/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Address: N/A
- City, State: Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Geriatrics Jadic
The role of the Section Chief of Geriatric Medicine is to provide medical leadership, supervision and planning for the Section of Geriatric Medicine within the Department of Medicine. The Section Chief of Geriatric Medicine will be a physician with an academic background with credentials supportive of an appointment at Associate or Full Professor (Drexel University College of Medicine). The Section Chief will have a track record of leadership, research, teaching, mentoring and program development.
- Work in collaboration with the Chair, Department of Medicine and other Directors at Tower Health
- Lead clinical, educational and research activities of the section with expansion of the specialty’s clinical programs, medical education and clinical research
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Section of Geriatric Medicine within the Department of Medicine. Cultivating additional opportunities in the areas of clinical excellence, research initiatives and teaching.
- Direct and provide geriatric services in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary care team including: consultative geriatric senior assessment program, geriatric specialty clinics, subacute and long-term care at nearby facility and acute care Geriatric consultative service
- Develop and expand geriatric programs at Reading Hospital and other Tower Health system entities
- Conduct and support research in Geriatric Medicine within the clinical and educational programs of the specialty. Encourage innovative programs which can impact clinical care for the older population
- Promote collegial relationships with medical staff, nursing, other hospital staff, and Administration
- Guide the delivery of services to assure highest standard of patient care
- Assist the Quality Improvement Department and THMG ambulatory clinical quality team to develop methods to document and benchmark the quality of care delivered in Geriatric Medicine.
- Assist the Quality Improvement Department, THMG ambulatory clinical quality team, and/or other individuals or Departments within the organization to develop, implement and document ongoing quality improvement and utilization management programs emphasizing principles of evidence-based medicine. Assure that the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care is evaluated. The actionable information necessary to make these changes will be provided to the Section Chief of Geriatric Medicine from the Quality Improvement Department, THMG ambulatory clinical quality team, Compliance Department, and/or other individuals or groups within the organization tasked with such responsibility to collect and abstract this information.
- Maintain continuing review of the professional performance of all practitioners with clinical privileges in the Section of Geriatric Medicine and report as necessary to the Chair, Department of Medicine. The data and benchmarking parameters will be provided by the Quality Improvement Department, THMG ambulatory clinical quality team and others within the organization tasked with collecting and abstracting such information for the Section of Geriatric Medicine and individual Providers.
- Participate on Hospital and THMG committees as appropriate
- Participate in clinical onboarding of new providers in the Section of Geriatric Medicine
- Develop and implement written protocols, revised as needed
- Review charts for completeness of documentation of allergies, patient history, assessment, medical treatment provided and patient outcome/response.
- Participate in Peer to Peer Consultations and Utilization Reviews
- Serve as a liaison between the program and the physicians and patient communities
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory bodies
- Encourage staff development, including development of new services that are in alignment with strategic initiatives and meet the community needs
- Scholarly Activities
- Participation in teaching of Residents and Medical Students
- Assess and develop fellowship program in Geriatric Medicine
- Support and expand resident and medical student education
- Work with the Chair, Medical Staff and Administration in the cost-effective utilization of resources
- Coordinate program development, facility planning and efficacy in program delivery within department.
- Assist Chair, Department of Medicine and Administration in the development and control of Section budget.
- Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with marketing representative to develop and implement the department’s growth strategy
- Assist marketing staff by sharing insights on competitor analysis, industry trends, product understanding and consumer preferences
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B Visa & Green Card Support (*does not qualify for J1 Waiver)
- Supportive health system to advance goals
About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 14,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership of Tower Health and Drexel University, in Philadelphia. It also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading; home healthcare services provided by Tower Health at Home; and a network of 22 urgent care facilities across the Tower Health service area. Tower Health offers a connected network of 2,200 physicians, specialists, and providers across more than 230 convenient locations.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership and staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our patients benefit from access to a broad range of services - all right here in our region.Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac and vascular surgery, trauma, hematology, and oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design in one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health. Transforming Lives.
- PA License
- Board Certification in Geriatric Medicine
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Board Certificate or Eligibility