Gloucester County, NJ
Under the direction of the manager, provides day-to-day front-line management support, that contributes to overall patient satisfaction, by developing staff to seamlessly and consistently deliver outstanding customer service to patients, providers and payers throughout the patient’s healthcare experience.
- Monitors the scheduling and registration process assessing and evaluating Seamless AccessRepresentative’s verbal and written communication skills (including good voice quality, good diction and articulation), customer service, accuracy, call-waiting time, dropped calls and response time to increase revenue, reduce costs and improve service quality.
- First line of patient complaint escalation. Consistently looking for ways to improve processes and solve patient problems in appointment scheduling, registration, referral management, outreach and customer service delivery.
- Assist in hiring and training employees, monitoring representative progress, and coaching staff to cultivate the knowledge and skills needed to provide excellent service to patients, physician and payers.
- Monitor queue and track inbound and outbound calls. Apprise Seamless AccessRepresentatives of calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc. Motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Uphold scheduling and registration proficiency, accountability and adherence to policies, standards of care, safety, HIPPA and security regulations. Assist in the formulation of targets for representatives.
Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Associated Degree preferred.
- Three (3) years customer service experience in a contact center environment, preferably in patient access.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience in a contact center.
- Previous experience in or familiarity with Jefferson Health
- Bilingual skills; must be able to pass a language proficiency assessment within 30 days of hire
- Knowledge of terminology used by insurance and managed care health plans
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of functions and relationships within a hospital environment, preferred
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.