Gloucester County, NJ
Working leader to provide day-to-day support for the Patient Engagement Center staff, acting as a subject matter and technical expert, Super User, primary escalation point, preceptor and performance coach. Collaborate with manager to coordinate and supervise department to ensure adequate coverage. Perform a variety of patient care activities, including prompt and accurate handling of scheduling, registration, revenue cycle processes and patient, physician and payer concerns.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the scheduling and registration of physician practices and service lines across the Jefferson Health System in accordance with established clinical and insurance requirements to improve access and care coordination.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to complete scheduling and registration, confirm appointments, verify information, answer inquiries and resolve user issues in accordance with established protocols to ensure patient safety, compliance and departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinate referrals and insurance requirements by obtaining and/or confirming patient information to ensure the patient receives maximum benefits for services. Assure regulatory and compliance requirements following local payor coverage determinations.
- Identify patient’s liability and the collection of this out of pocket expense, including co-payment, deposits and past due balances.
- Access contact center software to answer, coordinate, track, and monitor interactions across multiple channels of communication to address issues, audit for compliance and quality and escalate when appropriate.
- Support, guide representatives and manage the work flow of day-to-day operations. Ensure that PER meets performance metrics and manage escalated interactions by following established protocols to ensure patient safety and data integrity.
- Train, provide feedback and coach in real time to PER in support of their adherence and productivity goals. Round on a frequent basis to handle escalated calls, ensure PERs are providing optimal patient calls and are in compliance with Jefferson Health policies and procedures, including Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and protected health information (PHI) at all times.
- Assist in monitoring queue and tracking inbound and outbound calls. Apprise PER of calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc. Motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Interact with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- High school degree or GED.
- Associate degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three years customer service experience within the Patient Engagement Center.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION: Certified Professional Coder (CPC®) preferred.
- Proficiency in use of computers and ability to type a 35 wpm.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to demonstrate compassion and empathy.
- Must be able to multitask, handle telephone conversation with customers while entering data in a computer real time
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.