State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Scientific Director, CMCF
Req ID: 43339BR
Job Summary: Individual is functioning as a lead in oversight of manufacturing and maintenance of the cGMP facility. Must have been awarded or have completed the requirements of a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent.
- Performs a general oversight of manufacturing and maintenance of the cGMP cell manipulation facility.
- Accountable for SOP preparation, project development, data capture and budget development
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements for operations, training of staff, review of all occurrence reports, planning of corrective action when needed.
- Coordinates between cell therapy projects
- Supervises biomarker and immune monitoring assays.
- Interacts respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Remains current in the technologies used in the lab and participates in improving scientific and manufacturing operations. Recommends and implements changes.
- Writes/contributes to manuscript preparation
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: 1-5
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Doctoral degree in Scientific discipline required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required in in a lab setting or the equivalent and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply