RN Surgical Services in Vernal, UT at Ashley Regional Medical Center
Date Posted: 10/11/2021
Ashley Regional Medical Center is a 39-bed acute-care, Joint Commission-accredited facility. The hospital has affiliations with physicians whose specialties include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiology, Orthopedics, ENT, OB/GYN and General Surgery. Other services include MRI, 64-slice CT Scan, Digital Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Chemotherapy, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy and a Joint Commission accredited Laboratory. For more information please visit: https://www.ashleyregional.com/
Ashley Regional Medical Center
This position is responsible for providing direct care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients in Short Stay, OR, Recovery, and Endo. Required to take call
- Prepares patient care area adequately and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Reviews and carries out physician orders timely and according to policy
- Exhibits proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks.
- Checks dressings and/or operative site and reports abnormalities to the surgeon.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of medications utilized intra and poster operatively and recognizes the need for use of reversal drugs, when necessary.
- Assures that patient meets all discharge criteria
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Ensures Infection Control standards are maintained at all times.
- Attends all meetings and huddles.
- Addresses staff, physician, patient, and family concerns immediately and makes director aware.
Ashley Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 39-bed hospital that is committed to serving our growing community with the highest quality services. Our hospital has been named a Top 100 Rural Hospitals in America.
Located in Vernal, Utah, known as an outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uinta Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, camping, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer. All of this centrally located between Salt Lake and Denver.
Must be a licensed RN to work in the State of Utah
Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required within 6 months
Nursing experience preferred
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.