! RN-Surgery/OR in Wytheville, VA at Wythe County Community Hospital
Date Posted: 1/11/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
Wythe County Community Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital that serves the residents of Wythe and Bland counties and is fully accredited by the Joint Commission. For more information please visit: https://www.wcch.org
Wythe County Community Hospital
Under the direction of a nursing director or other supervisor, assumes the responsibility and accountability for developing, evaluating and directing the plan of care for assigned patients. Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients. Responsible for providing patient care, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status. He/she must be interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Currentlicensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse, and in goodstanding with the Board
- BCLScertifications required by hire date.
- ACLS,PALS certification required within 90 days of hire.
- CNORcertification preferred
- Atleast one year of previous experience in an OR Department as an RN stronglypreferred.
- Abilityto accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts. Will be available to report to facilitywithin 30 minutes of notification. Thisstatus will be determined by Department Director, OR Charge Nurse, HouseSupervisor or Administrator on call.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.