RN, Per Diem – Emergency Department – Santa Monica
Nights and variable shifts
$76.30 – $76.30 Hourly
September 21, 2021
You can use your expertise, compassion, and kindness to transform the patient experience. When you join UCLA Health as a nurse, you’ll deliver leading-edge care as you build an exceptional career with a health system that’s consistently ranked among the best in the country.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required.
· Current and valid California RN license required.
· Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
· 2 years of direct patient care in an emergency department setting.
· Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire.
· Clinical skills include patient assessment, IV start, knowledge of medications, IV infusions and airway management.
· Ability to provide appropriate care for high acuity patients such as stroke, STEMI, trauma, psych, and pediatric populations.
· Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions on a consistent basis. Ability to communicate effectively and accurately to patient, patients family, and members of the patient care team.
· Identification of abnormal/ lethal cardiac rhythms and ability to provide appropriate treatment.
· Knowledge of electronic medical record documentation.
· Skill in setting priorities and organizing workload to effectively administer direct patient care.
· Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly.
· Ability to identify changes in patient condition and provide appropriate interventions.
· Ability to comply with department standards on punctuality and attendance.
If you want to grow professionally, this is the right place for you.
We are family here. We support each other. We collect together.
It’s so diverse and inclusive here. There’s always the opportunity to share your thoughts. It's a place where you feel you belong.