Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
- Assesses patient's status within identified functional health patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation, activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursing diagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursing interventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patient knowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient, physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates to health care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan and evaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates with patient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment and continually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation of effectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered by physicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan of care.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patient progress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness of daily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patient is transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire length of stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identified patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patient care unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support and assist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changes in policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients in accordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented in clinical records and on plans of care.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.