RN, Lactation Consultant - Maternity Services - Casual
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
The Lactation Consultant, In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Lactation Consultant (LC), within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, and in the spirit of teamwork will provide care, consultation and education to patients, families, nursing staff, medical staff, allied health professionals, nursing students and the community regarding lactation in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Lactation
Consultant functions within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the Organization.
What you will do:
- Uses the five step nursing process and evidence-based practices to assist breastfeedingmothers and babies during the postpartum period with the goal of getting breastfeeding offto a good start and/or to overcome challenges.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and other care providers to develop and implement a planof care that includes physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and educational componentsto promote, support, and sustain breastfeeding.
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to sensitively communicate with new mothers andfamilies.
- Professionally and accurately communicates pertinent information to appropriate teammembers in a timely manner.
- Provides telephone consultation as needed by responding to helpline calls in a timelymanner.
- Documents accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomesfor patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/orguidelines.
- Completes scheduling, registration and follow up physician communication (OutpatientLactation) in a neat and timely manner.
What we are looking for:
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensure / Certification: Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Ohio; Certified by International Board of Certified Lactation Consultant Examiners orpursuing certification within timeframe outlined in work agreement; Maintains BLScertification.
- Inpatient Lactation Consultants only: Successfully completes NRP course within 12 monthsof employment or provides evidence of current NRP certification.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of recent and relevant clinical experience in Perinatal,
OB/GYN or Pediatric setting.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Skills: Effective interpersonal,teaching and counseling skills. Able to work independently
- and collabratively in the practice setting. Ability to pace work flow effectively to meet patientand practice setting needs.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Email this job
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
RN, Registered Nurse - Surgical Intensive Care
Location Westerville, Ohio, 43081 Nursing 00222266
Employment Type:Full timeShift:12 Hour Night ShiftDescription:Qualified applicants may submit a resume to Laura Mangia, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org Why Mount Carmel?
Staff RN Triage/ Admin on Call
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43215 Nursing 00244632
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Description:Evening/NightThis is a Evening/Night Shift position!Why Mount Carmel? With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college
RN, Registered Nurse - CCU
Location Columbus, Ohio, 43213 Nursing 00243340
Employment Type:Part timeShift:12 Hour Night ShiftDescription:Why Mount Carmel? With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage
© 2020 Mount Carmel Health System • Columbus, Ohio.