The Registered Nurse will be responsible for providing primary care to patients, including assessment, treatment, care planning and medical care evaluation.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate of Nursing training from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
- Current Texas Nursing License issued through the Texas Board of Nursing
- Strong communication skills with consistent incorporation of judgement and discretion
- Minimum of 2 years in a back office within a medical setting or two years nursing experience.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Obtains and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response
- Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team to improve patient care processes and outcomes
- Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management
- Assist the Office Manager in developing and implementing clinical policies and procedures.
- Advise Office Manager of problems and concerns in the facility and participate in problem solving.
- Follows established policies and procedures
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Additional Information: Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist