RN - ER in Mayfield, KY at Jackson Purchase Medical Center
Date Posted: 10/25/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 10+ hr/shift, rotate weekends
- Job Type:
Jackson Purchase Medical Center is a 107-bed Joint Commission-accredited hospital that serves Mayfield and the surrounding communities. For more information on Jackson Purchase Medical Center please visit: https://www.jacksonpurchase.com/
Jackson Purchase Medical Center
The Registered Nurse shall be responsible for planning, supervising and evaluating the nursing care of patients and for correlating the nursing process, the medical plan of care and policies.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the financial, personal, medical or employment status of patients/families at JPMC.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Assesses patient needs and develops a plan of care as identified by patient, nursing, physician and family interaction.
- Updates plan of care to meet the patient needs.
- Performs patient teaching in a planned and systematic manner according to the standards of care to include test, procedures, equipment, medications, and disease management.
- Recognizes and assesses patient needs related to cultural and spiritual needs.
- Assesses critical changes in patient condition. Takes action and notifies physician appropriately.
- Recognizes patient/family social and psychological problems as well as physiological.
- Plans care appropriate to the individual patient.
- Documents response to care or treatment including any adverse reactions.
- Uses standards of care appropriately utilizing nursing diagnosis.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, considers alternatives, and chooses the appropriate course of action.
- Admits and discharges patients, establishes a base line for plan of care in the hospital and on discharge, with appropriate teaching to patient/family.
- Directs patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene, dietary needs and ambulation.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize patient care and delegate care based on patient needs and skill of staff.
- Understand the range of treatment needed by specific age group including the infant/neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Have knowledge of critical care and/or emergency care procedures including cardiac and trauma. Must be able to implement training in those specialized areas.
- Must have knowledge and competency to monitor and interpret EKG and telemetry strips.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency to recognize critical abnormal lab values and to notify the physician.
- Demonstrate the ability and competency to set up and assist the physician with invasive procedures and perform posts procedure monitoring and care of the patient.
- Must have ACLS and PALS training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Associates degree in nursing required, Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred. Must be a Kentucky State Registered Nurse with ACLS certification, CPR/BLS certification, and PALS certification. NRP certification preferred. Previous experience with acute, pediatric, adult, and geriatric care preferred.
Basic required skills include organizational, customer relations, math, grammar/spelling, computer training, the ability to follow written and oral direction, and the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.