Central Carolina Hospital is a 137-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare needs of Lee County and surrounding communities. For more information on Central Carolina Hospital please visit:
Central Carolina Hospital
Summary: Provides direct and indirect patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Meets the physical, psychosocial, religious/cultural and needs of the patient and family. Communicates effectively with all members of the health care team as appropriate about changes in the patient’s condition or response to treatment. Basic PC skills. Able to work on smoke-free campus. Able to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
1. Performs duties as assigned and requested.
2. Completes a focused patient assessment with reassessments
3. based on patients condition, procedures, medications given and treatments.
4. Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate pain
5. management techniques.
6. Performs patient care and communicates effectively with patients of all ages and specific needs.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient’s clinical condition. Follows the 6 rights of medication administration to reduce the potential for medication errors.
8. Assists physicians with procedures and performs services requiring
9. technical and manual skills.
10. Performs treatments and provides services to the level of licensure.
11. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes
12. patient safety and reduces the likelihood of errors.
13. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
14. Educates patient and family on disease process.
Associate’s degree is required
Bachelor’s degree is preferred
Registered Nurse in North Carolina is required (or compact state)
BLS is required
ACLS and PALS are required (within 6 months for experienced nurses and 1 year for new grads upon hire).
1 year of experience in a health care setting is preferred
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.