RN, Emergency Department
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
The RN is responsible for managing individualized direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations by promoting and restoring patients’ health through the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing exceptional patient experience by supporting and educating the patient and family throughout their hospitalization; functions as the patient advocate while actively following a plan of care responding to changes in condition and/or response to treatments.
- Obtains nursing history, performs nursing assessment and develops plan of care for patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes adult, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Demonstrates a time conscious awareness and ability to prioritize during high acuity situations.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to start peripheral IV’s.
- Demonstrates the ability to care for post-surgical patients.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and provides appropriate care and information based on patient status.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Participation in performance improvement and CQI activities.
- Consults other health team members/departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Director, Nurse Leader, Team Leader, Nursing Supervisor, co-workers and providers.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education and Experience:
- Current Registered Nurse License, in the state of Maine, BSN preferred.
- Current ACLS and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS (PALS desired)
- TNCC desired
- One year of nursing experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience Standards
I am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environment
I am actively listening and seeking information
I am honest, truthful, and consistent
I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy
I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate
I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork
I am resilient and adapt to change in positive ways
- Serve as the champion of the patient and team member experience by providing an A+ experience to every patient and team member, every day
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
CMH actively promotes diversity in its workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to create and maintain a setting where we celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization. CMH is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.