RN, Critical Care
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Why This Role Is Important to Us:
- Nurses in this role are apart of a close knit, interdisciplinary team that provide exceptional care and innovative treatment.
- Our Critical Care Nurses provide holistic care that promotes an environment of healing.
- Our nurses treat our patients with the same care as member of their own families focusing on dignity and respecting what matters to them.
- Our Critical Care nurses often serve as educators, interpreters and advocates for our patients. This includes patients and their families understand the health issues they’re facing and the potential resources available to them, while serving as their advocate in order to promote the best possible outcome for each patient.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provides direct an indirect patient care in the critical care setting.
- Communicates with physicians about changes in patient condition including: hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
What We Are Looking For:
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response treatment.
- Able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- Able to provide an exceptional patient experience for both the patient and their family.
- Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Proficient interpreting an EKG and has basic computer knowledge.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Required- Current nurse licensure in the State of Maine, or eligible to obtain Maine RN license.
- Required- Current ACLS, PALS and BLS certification.
- Required- Successful completion of critical care course, basic arrhythmia certification and 12 lead interpretation class.
- Preferred- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Preferred- Two or more years of recent critical care experience.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 3 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
CMH actively promotes diversity in its workforce at all levels of the organization. We strive to create and maintain a setting where we celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization. CMH is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.