RN Clinical Coordinator
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Coordinates daily clinic activities including patient scheduling and flow, ensuring adequate and appropriate staff coverage and managing employee and provider schedules on a daily basis. The Clinic Coordinator role is in addition to primary clinical function in the practice (i.e. rooming patients; authorizations; triage) according to established standards, practices and healthcare techniques. Demonstrates competence in making professional judgments pertaining to patient care.
1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required.
2) Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
1) One year of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of principles and practices of healthcare and clinical management.
2) Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team and demonstrate principles of customer service.
3) Keeps abreast of changes in the healthcare field including regulations and technological advances.
4) Working knowledge of electronic heath records, electronic eligibility, electronic scheduling, compliance programs, CPT and ICD-10 coding, HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and quality control procedures.
5) Must have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to direct patient care, prioritize work tasks and train other employees.
6) Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively and read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions of the physician.
7) Must be able to react calmly and effectively during emergency situations.
8) Must have the ability to identify and analyze problems, prioritize, make confident quick decisions and recommend effective solutions.
1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.