RN - Clinic Dr. Lyman in Price, UT at Castleview Hospital
Date Posted: 12/10/2020
Castleview Hospital is an 49-bed medical facility that has been ranked as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the nation seven times. The hospital’s physician staff represents a comprehensive list of medical specialties including Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Family Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pathology, Allergy/Immunology, Radiology, Pediatrics, Otolaryngology and Urology. For more information please visit: https://www.castleviewhospital.net/
Provides direct patient care to patients in the assigned physician practice. Assists physicians with necessary services needed to care for their patients. Supports staff with routine duties and patient care services to ensure the practice is ran effective and efficient.
- Prepares patient’s chart and determines completeness. Adds information, dictation, and test results as needed.
- Completes a thorough and effective pre-examination interview with patient. Completes an assessment of the patients by collecting data for analysis by the physician.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs plan of care interventions delegated by the physician, including activities of daily living and wound care.
- Coordinates efforts with receptionist with regard to patient pre-certification for services from third party payers.
- Sets up examination rooms and procedure rooms for proper patient care and delivery of services.
- Chaperones and assists physician with patients as appropriate or needed.
- Performs injections as needed.
- Performs I.V. therapy as directed by physician.
- Performs procedures, tests, specimen collection as directed by physician.
- Stocks and restocks examination rooms and office lab with needed supplies and medications. Orders and inventories supplies as required.
- Communicates with pharmacists as needed to convey patient prescription information.
- Utilizes computer system to print letters, forms, and requests for tests. Uses the electronic medical record system.
- Log drug samples from sales representatives and log when samples are disbursed to patients.
- Cleans and sterilizes office equipment as needed and prepares instruments for autoclave as necessary.
- Maintains CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient rights are protected. Releases information in accordance with established policies.
- Does not have unauthorized overtime, arrives on time, leaves on time and has few unscheduled absences.
- Respects diversity of each individual (patients, visitors, vendors, co-workers).
Utah State Registered Nurse License. Previous acute care RN experience preferred or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program. BLS required within 30 days of hire.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.