RN Care Navigator
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
The Registered Nurse Care Navigator is accountable for the coordination and delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization. The Registered Nurse Care Navigator also supports and ensures the overall success of the Patient Centered Medical Home by collaboratively working with patients, physicians, practice teams, and health plans to select, guide and direct patient care while integrating the key features of the medical home.
What you will Do:
- Provides daily care coordination and nursing care to patients with one or more chronic diseases, promotes evidence-based practice, quality initiatives, and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the NCQA PCMH Recognition Program®.
- Assists physician with patient assessment, examinations and treatments and procedures.
- Conducts pre-visit patient assessments and documents patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
- Develops patient plans of care and documents care coordination and interventions while integrating NCQA PCMH and other accrediting body requirements.
- Thoroughly educates and explains procedures to patients and family members and assists them in coping with illnesses.
What we are looking for:
- Graduate from a credited School of Nursing
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of two years clinical nursing impatient hospital experience
- Two years ambulatory setting preferred
- One year Case Management experience preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.