State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Retail Staff Pharmacist
Req ID: 42650BR
Job Summary: The Retail Staff Pharmacist is responsible for the quality assurance of the provided pharmacy services. Ensures the correct medications are dispensed to the correct patients in the efficient and safe manner as promised. Medication compliance monitoring, chronic disease state management, patient consultation, and provider communications are a part of daily tasks. This position is a part of the interdisciplinary team that includes clinical pharmacists, technician supervisors, mail, and delivery department managers.
- Performs quality assurance of prescriptions and medications to dispense.
- Performs clinical assessments and reassessments and performs and documents clinical interventions per protocol.
- Dispenses prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care: reviews prescriptions issued by physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy; directs pharmacy workers engaged in packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals; answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Assays medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- Participates as a member of various Quality Management Committees to provide quality management oversight to the pharmacy operations and client satisfaction.
- The Retail Staff Pharmacist oversees the pharmacy technicians and workflow; intervenes and follows protocol when necessary to correct information.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Bachelor's degree required. Doctoral degree in Pharmacy (Pharm D) preferred.
- License Massachusetts Pharmacist required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Possesses knowledge in drug information, disease state management, and legal requirements of pharmacy practices.
- Understanding of insurance and adjudication processes.
- Working knowledge of inventory processes.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in retail or academic outpatient pharmacy and experience in 340B pharmacy setting.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialty Certification.
- Pharmacy management experience.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply